Journal articles for the social work profession
– Increase your knowledge about new research and best practices –
– Earn CPD points while learning –
Buy Journal articles for the social work profession
Enhance the understanding of new research, emerging trends and evidence-based practices in social work within the South African context with insights from international research.
R1000 per person
What’s the course about?
Step-by-step engagement with relevant journal articles to enhance the understanding of new research, emerging trends and evidence-based practices in social work within the South African context with insights from international research.you! Even better news is that this is not only a course, but a comprehensive toolkit with various tools, templates and practical applications to enable successful implementation of a value-based culture.
The Benefits of this course:
- Learn to engage critically with social journal articles
- Earn CPD points if you are a social worker or social auxillary worker
- Broaden your knowledge of key concepts, theories and new developments in the social work field
This online course consists of 10 journal articles covering a wide range of topics relevant for the social work profession.
Articles are mostly focused on the South African context with some general articles from international journals. The articles are accompanied by questionnaires to test participants’ understanding of key concepts, theories and research conclusions. Completing this course, will furthermore broaden participants’ knowledge of latest developments and practice recommendations pertaining to the following social work topics:
- Social work child assessments
- Progress of the social work profession in South Africa
- A systemic review of child protection services in South Africa
- Groupwork Interventions with adolescents to address the psychososocial impact of exposure to domestic violence
- Ethics: Integrating technology in social work and codes of ethics
- Foster care – safe place or not?
- Resilience enhancing stress model
- Reflections on individual supervision sessions
- Readiness of social workers to render substance abuse support
- Comprehensive trauma intervention model for social workers
Feedback from our clients
~ Hanlie van der Merwe (social worker)
“Ezrah Reflect integrity, a high level of ethics and empowerment in their service delivery.”
~ Lauren Cyster (social worker)
“Through Ezrah, I have gained knowledge regarding how to react when children present with trauma and how they will respond according to their age group.”