Child Protection Policy Training – 7 August 2018
Ezrah in collaboration with Valcare held a very successful workshop on developing and implementing a child protection policy on the 7th of August in Paarl. The 13 participants from various non-profit organisations and partial care facilities participated enthusiastically in the discussions on how we can keep children in our care safe through proper screening of staff and volunteers, identifying and reporting abuse and neglect, having visitor protocols, implementing child protection measures as well as putting the relevant health and safety protocols in place. Participants also received a child protection template with supporting documentation to ensure that they are equipped to put a child protection system in place within their facilities.
This is what our participants had to say about the workshop:
- I have learned child protection and how to help a troubled child by first identifying the cause of behaviour.
- I have learned children’s rights and responsibilities. Our children must know you have the right to be protected, but don’t hurt others.
- The facilitation was great, accurate. The facilitator knows what she is talking about. She is passionate and knowledgeable about the subject.
- The way the information was brought alight to make it more visible and understandable in the workplace.
- Keep doing the good job in equipping people and organisations to deliver excellent services.
- We want to thank our funding partners, Valcare and Lewis Stores for making this workshop possible. Together, we can do more to make a difference in children’s lives.