Child Participation Training – 18 May 2018
In partnership with Valcare, Ezrah celebrated child protection month by hosting a very successful child participation workshop on the 18th of May 2018 at Manyano Centre in Paarl. We were excited that many non-profit organisations from the Drakenstein-area attended this very meaningful training to equip children to become leaders of change through the Ezrah LEAD model. What made this training so special was the attendance of some of the young Paarl Junior Town Council leaders, who shared with our participants how they are currently implementing a child participation project, called the Khula Sayso Project, in conjunction with the Khula Development Group to create a culture of school attendance in identified schools.
Here is some of the feedback received from our participants on what they learned:
- The workshop was professionally handled as well as graciously. Really stirred me to think about myself and how I can make an impact.
- Having a positive attitude is key. Sharing your knowledge and wisdom with others will always help bridges regarding social or economical or political input.
- How important it is for children to participate. The skill of the humane project was valuable. The importance of empathy in our society.
- Importance of inclusion of children to promote solution-focused and empowered adults when they grow up.
- We will definately include child participation in project that includes children and also making others aware of the LEAD model.
- We have been denying children the right to be part of their own and their community’s solutions.
- The LEAD model is a well implemented framework to help with the development of children.
- Thank you for an excellent morning. Very well organised and excellent content.