Child Protection Empowerment Workshop -31 August 2018
Ezrah’s Child Protection Empowerment Workshop in collaboration with Valcare was hosted on the 31st of August 2018 from 8h30 to 15h00 at Manyano Centre in Paarl with more than 30 persons in attendance.
This insightful, interactive and solution-focused workshop on:
- Understanding the dynamics of the sexual offender
- Guiding the internet generation on the safe use of technology and social media
- Trafficking in children and child labour: finding solutions together
This workshop’s objectives were to equip participants with the necessary understanding and knowledge to help to keep children safe. Here is what some of our participants had to say:
- I received a lot of information that I can use in my program for instance teaching children to have empathy. How to stay safe. How to report at the first time they feel uncomfortable.
- Thank you for always equipping us with what is relevant in our field. These training and sessions are so scary but it is happening in our communities and we should not turn a blind eye.
- I’m very excited about the training so that I can go home and implement it at home and in the community.
- I enjoyed the group discussions, different views.
- Amazing, informative and well researched.
This series of workshops, presented by Ezrah, is part of the Drakenstein Child Protection Programme, one of the many coordinated efforts fueled by Valcare. Valcare is an Impact Funding Platform activating and enabling social change in community. For more information on Valcare or to get more information on becoming a Valcare member, please visit www.valcare.org.za or get in touch by contacting Liezl Tolkin at email@example.com or Tel: 021 872 2365.